Paying the registration fees to ECHA in time is an important part of a successful registration.
For different types of registration there are different payment periods.
Registrations of pre-registered substances that are submitted in the two months before closing of the official registration period (December 1, 2010; June 1, 2013; June 1, 2018) have an extended payment period of 30 calendar days after receiving the notice to pay.
For any other registration a short payment period of 14 calendar days, after receiving the notice to pay, is granted by ECHA.
In order to achieve payment on time it is necessary to
– promptly check all communication coming from ECHA
– organize, among the current accounting, a way to carry out payment
in a short time
As payment administration is automatically carried out by REACH-IT, ECHA recommends the following rules for a problem-free transaction.
– pay one invoice per payment (single payment)
– indicate the correct reference number (8-digit invoice number)
– pay exactly the invoiced amount
– instruct your bank to send a SEPA payment with shared cost
ECHA will grant a second payment period if the payment has not been completed within the first time period.
If complete payment will not take place within this second time period, the registration has failed. There is no reimbursement on already paid fees referring to this registration.
For more information about payment, ECHA has published frequently asked questions.