With some delay, Cyprus has transposed the WEEE Recast Directive 2012/19/EU into national legislation: The Waste (Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment) Regulation 73/2015 was officially published on March 13, 2015.
Based on the new WEEE Regulation, Cyprus has implemented the following:
– New producer definition, including direct sales to B2C and B2B end-users
– Authorized representative requirement
– 0:1 take-back obligation for small EEE for retailers with a sales area for EEE of more than 400m²
– Minimum requirements for shipment of used EEE/WEEE
– New WEEE categories applicable from August 15, 2018
– New collection target